July 2013 Meeting Minutes

November 11, 2013 in Meeting Minutes by brian

SHIPOKE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
MEETING MINUTES
MONDAY, July 8, 2013

1. Meeting called to order at 7 pm by Ellie Martindale.
2. Attendee Status:
Present: Chuck Cenkner, Glen Dunbar, Kathy Marley-Dunbar, Ellie Martindale, Marie Iaria, Shirley Marks, Bob Hosteter, Mary Beth Follett, Joanne Kaldy, Bill Renz, Jill Lawley, Gene Gangwish
Excused: Judy Polliard, Kathryn Nonas-Hunter , Theresa Bell Mowery.
3. Previous Meeting Minutes: Approved.
4. Treasury Activity Report:
BEGINNING BALANCE: $5894.28
ACTIVITY: 166.42
INCOME: 300.00
ENDING BALANCE: $5410.28
5. Committee Reports:

  • Crime Watch: August 6th National Night Out Event will include a return of the band Hip Pocket in Race Street Park. It will begin at 7 pm.
    Car break ins have occurred. Please be aware to remove valuables from your vehicle.
    A package has been stolen off of Brian Moore’s front step.
    The tent city under the I-83 bridge has grown. It also includes vehicles now.
  • Social Committee: Picnic after the flea market. Gene will provide the grill. Seth Poppy will do the grilling. It will start at 5 pm.
  • Communications:  The contractor list is now on the web site. Where possible, the links to the contractor’s web site are included.  Contractors who are not registered with the Attorney General as required by law were not listed.
  • Beautification:  Weeds along Randall Shugart Dr. have not been trimmed. The realtor has been contacted, but no action has been taken. A codes complaint will be filed.  The entrance garden is overgrown and needs to be weeded.  The river bank has not been trimmed. The grass in the park will need to be mowed prior to the flea market. Parks and recreation will need to be called. Brenda Altman will be contacted.
    Brian Moore will investigate weeds in front of the barbershop. A complaint will be filed if it is not cleaned up. The house next door has not been cleaned up either.
    There is garbage accumulating next to the hotel garbage area. There is a new plan on beautification of the hotel. The board will wait for the time being for cleanup to occur.
  • Fundraising:  Flea Market: A check will be needed in advance for the Port a potty. 45 vendors have pre-registered. Ellie will plan a meeting on Wednesday night for the committee.

6. Old Business:

  • Street lights: There is no change regarding street lights.

7. New Business:

  • New Board and Officers: it needs to be available by September. . It was suggested that we have a nominating committee. Glen Dunbar will chair the nominating committee
  • General Meeting: needs to be scheduled for September. Plans are to have a meeting at the hotel.
  • Glen will send out a newsletter on National Night Out.

Next Meeting: August 12 at 7 pm. At the home of Bob Hostetter.
The meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Submitted by Mary Beth Follett, Secretary.