November 6, 2016 in Meeting Minutes
SHIPOKE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING
July 5, 2016
1. Call to Order: Mary Beth Follett, President
2. Introduction of Guests Bill Cunningham
3. Approval of Minutes: Approved.
4. Financial Report
BEGINNING BALANCE: 7930.74
ENDING BALANCE: 8410.74
5. Committee Reports
Nextdoor changes: Brian Moore was added as a lead. He has requested of Next Door to change which neighborhoods Shipoke automatically receives news feeds from.
Boost of Facebook posts: A small advertising boost increased the number of page views in preparation for Flea Market.
The city is changing the way it tracks and reports crime. This is to replace the former police blotter. The city would like to inventory businesses and homeowners who have security cameras. It is a valuable tool in identifying criminals.
Fall General Meeting/Social – should we set a date? Discuss ideas.
Dead trees. City focused on grass mowing for now.Ash Borers have killed several trees. Also, there was a question as to whether the city will remove tree stumps of the trees that were cut earlier this year.
Flea market update. Ellie Martindale provided an update. The planning process has been complete, and other for some last minute minor detail All is ready for the flea market.
6. Old Business
- Doggy Clean up stations: The clean-up stations should arrive this week, and an event will be planned to announce and celebrate the clean-up stations.
- Flood Mitigation: Mary Beth Follett will submit application to ImpactHarrisburg for request of funding for elevation certificates for Shipoke.
- “Dogs Night Out”: Rod Kautz will take the lead on planning this event. Chris Altman was volunteered to assist with this event.
- National Night Out – This will be combined with the Dogs Night Out.
- Non Profit Status Still pending
7. New Business
- New Bus Stop in Shipoke: CAT will stop in front of the hotel. It is a flag stop, meaning a rider must wave to the bus to stop to pick them up. If it is utilized, there is a possibility of making this a permanent stop. The timeframe is in the fall.
8. Date/Location of next meeting: August 1, 2016 at 7 pm, Host Bob Haigh
Adjournment : 8:30 pm.